Dr. Catherine E. Beck May 5th Bariatric Seminar
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates more than 72 million Americans are overweight. Sometimes diet and exercise just aren’t enough to achieve the weight loss results that are desired or needed to have a healthy life. In this case, there are several safe and effective ways that can help you lose up to 50% of your excess weight and keep it off for at least five years. If you have excess weight (more than 30 extra pounds) then you may be at risk for several health issues including high blood pressure, sleep apnea, depression, and type 2 diabetes. Dr. Catherine E. Beck with the Utah Center for Minimally Invasive and Bariatric Surgery holds free seminars for those that have questions about surgical weight loss or interested in learning more. In these seminars Dr. Beck covers the following options for surgical weight loss available at the Utah Center for Minimally Invasive and Bariatric Surgery:
- Medically Supervised Weight Loss – A nutritionist and exercise physiologist help create a personalized weight loss plan.
- Sleeve Gastrectomy – About 85% of the stomach is removed and shaped into a “sleeve” or shape of a banana.
- Roux-en-Y Gastric Banding – The stomach is made into a smaller pouch reducing the amount of food that can be consumed.
- Adjustable Lap Band – An adjustable band is placed around a small portion of the stomach giving the sensation of being full much more quickly. Procedure is reversible.
- Revisional Surgery – Possible revision to past surgeries that had complications or inadequate results.
At the Utah Center for Minimally Invasive and Bariatric Surgery there will be a team of skilled physicians, nurses, and support staff with you every step of the way ensuring that the right option above is selected to help you meet your health goals. Take the step today and attend one of our free seminars to learn more about surgical weight loss options available to help you get to a healthier life.